Monday, January 18, 2010

Volume 1, Chapter 5
 

For some reason, Jukusei had suddenly kissed Miyuki. He parted from her, dropping his hands. Miyuki wiped her mouth, stunned. Jukusei's body started to glow, and starting from his feet, he disappeared. Miyuki's eyes widened, then she clutched her arm. "Heh. . .Heh heh heh." she laughed. She turned, her eyes the same eerie yellow colour Jukusei's were. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Ryou Haruna." Miyuki said, her hand on her hip. "Jukusei. Just find her Chain and Symbol." Haruna said coldly. Miyuki frowned. "So very hateful, aren't we? As you wish." she said. "Ah. . . Her Chain is also a weapon. It would be a shame to let this one die." Jukusei/Miyuki said. "And her Symbol?" Haruna asked. "Much more difficult. . . " he answered. "Ah, she's pushing me out—" Jukusei started, before Miyuki's body pulsed and he flew out. He hit the bars on the opposite end and slid down to a sitting position. "Wow. . ." Haruna said. Miyuki spat,"YOU JERK!! Suddenly kissing me! Then it felt like you were looking right into my thoughts!" Jukusei stood up and smiled. "I was, Suetsukata. I was. Never mind that now, however, as we have a visitor. And my time is up, anyway." he said. "Your time is up? What do you mean?" Haruna asked, clutching Miyuki's arm. ". . .Nothing. Girl. Suetsukata. Your Chain is your hands. Your Symbol is—" he started, before a metallic creaking was heard. "It's in plain view. . ." he said slowly, staring at her. "Now leave." he said. He seemed restless. Haruna frowned, ushering Miyuki away. "You tell Leo—" Jukusei said, before another creaking was heard. Jukusei's eyes widened for a brief second, then the platform collapsed. "JUKUSEI!!" Haruna screamed, rushing to the edge. Miyuki was right by Haruna in a second. Screams were heard from below. "Oh my God. . ." Haruna whispered.  

"He said we had a visitor and that his time was up." Haruna explained to a few people who were trying to figure out what had happened. They frowned, obviously confused. "Let's go, Miyuki." Haruna said, grabbing Miyuki's arm and leading her away. "What was THAT?" Miyuki said. "Is he okay?!" she asked. "Uhm, I'm not sure. . . " Haruna said, her eyes panicky. They turned the corner and bumped into Yuu, Yuki, and Rinna. "We heard what happened," Yuki said, his eyes worried. "I hope he's okay. . ." Rinna sobbed. "He'll live." Yuu said. "We have someone else to worry about right now anyway." he said. He jerked his thumb behind him, and Yuki nodded. Miyuki and Haruna peered over his shoulder. A girl stood there, her long blonde hair tied back in ponytails. Her eyes were red, scared. "Who is she?" Haruna asked. "We don't know. We saw her running outside, about to jump from the cliff. She has a mark." Yuu said, pressing the girl's head down. On the back of her neck was a small blue mark. The girl stared at her feet. Miyuki and Haruna looked at each other, their stomachs sinking. "What's your name?" Haruna demanded, pushing Yuu and Yuki aside. The girl looked up, terrified, and backed away. "Tell me your name!" Haruna snapped, grabbing the girl's collar. Yuu grabbed Haruna's wrist roughly and pulled her away. "WHAT are you doing?" he hissed. "Jukusei knew she would show up! He said his time was up and then this girl shows up!" Miyuki said, stepping forward angrily. "She's done nothing." Yuu snapped, grabbing Miyuki too. "Yuki! Take this," he barked, pushing Miyuki to Yuki,"to my room! Haruna! Get away from her." Haruna glared at Yuu, pulled her wrist away, and stepped back. The girl wiped her tears away and clutched Yuu's arm. Yuu pulled her behind him defensively. "Miyuki." he said. Miyuki, her arms held by a confused Yuki, looked up angrily. Yuu's cold gaze made her shiver. He shook his head. "Yuki! Take her to my room." he commanded. Yuki nodded and pulled Miyuki away. "AND I'M NOT A 'THIS'!!" Miyuki called, struggling, referring to Yuu's previous comment. "Why don't you call Haruna 'MOM' once in awhile!!" Miyuki snapped, too angry to stop herself. Yuu's eyes widened, but Miyuki was dragged away before he could say anything.

Miyuki sat down on Yuu's bed, arms crossed, lips pursed. Yuki frowned. "Miyuki. . ." he said. "What?!" she snapped. Yuki drew back, a hurt look on his face. "Sorry. . .It's just. . .Jukusei KNEW that this girl would show up, and then his time was up. Then the platform collapses and she shows up." Miyuki said softly. Yuki smiled. "It's okay. But she didn't do anything. You can't be so sure that she, you know, DROPPED Jukusei." he said logically. "Yea, yea, I know." Miyuki said stubbornly. The door opened, and Yuu stepped in. Yuki smiled at Miyuki, but it was forced. "You're Dead." he mouthed. Miyuki inched away so her back was pressed to the wall. Yuu jumped onto his bed, slammed his fist inches from Miyuki's face, then snapped,"You witch. Attacking some girl for no reason, then talking to me like that. Who do you think I am? I hold your worthless life in the palm in my hand." He leaned closer. "And I can crush it." he hissed. Yuki left the room quietly, like a small animal trying hard not to attract its predator. "I think you're an IDIOT." Miyuki snarled back. Yuu's eyes narrowed. "I don't tell YOU what to call your parents, do I?!" he barked. "No, but it wouldn't MATTER." Miyuki said, her heart aching. "Oh? And why not?" he said menacingly. "Obviously, you know NOTHING of the life you 'hold in the palm of your hand'. They're DEAD." Miyuki said, getting in Yuu's face. Yuu said nothing. "Save your sympathy." Miyuki said coldly, pushing past him. He grabbed her arm. "What makes you think I was gonna pity you?" he snapped. He pulled her back and pushed her down. His hands gripped her shoulders, keeping her lying down. "You speak that way to me again, and you're as good as dead." he said, his voice oddly calm. Miyuki glared. He glared back. Then, a shudder of tears rang through Miyuki's body. She fought them off. "Yuu, show me your Symbol." Miyuki commanded. "What? How do you know about that?" he snapped. "Just show me." she said. "Again, who do you think I am?! Don't go ordering me around." Yuu snarled, getting off of her. Miyuki grabbed his hand. "Show me." she said again softly. Yuu frowned. "Alright. Don't get all fangirly over me, though, got it?" he said. Miyuki nodded, confused. Yuu inhaled deeply, then cat-ish/wolf-ish/dog-ish ears propped up from the top of his head. Miyuki stared at them. Yuu looked away, his cute ears twitching. "Ohhhh, they're so cute. . .♥" Miyuki mooned, rubbing them. Yuu's eyes closed a little as she scratched behind them, but then shook her off. "Whoa." he said, holding his hands up. "You saw okay?" he said, laying his ears back. "You keep them laid back all the time? But they're so cute. . .You should leave them out." Miyuki said, pouting. He huffed. The girl from before peeked into Yuu's room, then ran over to him. Yuu looked down at her as she nestled her way under his arm. "Jeez. Something scared her to death." he muttered, patting her head. "Can you tell me your name?" he asked. "A. . .Aiko." she said slowly. "Aiko-san, eh? Don't worry. You're safe here." Yuu said reassuringly. Miyuki pouted, already disliking this Aiko.

Jukusei walked down the halls, blood dripping from his arm. Ah, the fell was much harsher than he expected, especially since that man sealed most of Jukusei's powers. He gripped his arm. Ah, he forgot what pain felt like. And wow, it, like, hurt. "LEO!" Jukusei barked. Leo, a few paces in front of him, turned and smiled his charming smile. "Jukusei, what happened?" he asked. "Don't play innocent." Jukusei snapped. "Why are you so mad?" Leo asked, his smile never faltering. "YOU!! You've done this to me!! You're killing me! I'm in agony every day because of you, and you don't care! YOU'D KILL EVERYONE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT!! Suetsukata has shown up, and now you've the perfect chance, eh? I won't allow it! My powers may be sealed, but I can still kick your skinny butt. If you try anything, I'll be there. And I'll kick the Hell out of you." Jukusei said, his voice dripping steel. Leo smiled. "Try it. In your current condition, even Suetsukata could snap you out of her body." he said snidely. "Shut up! That was a fluke! And she's powerful, you know it!" Jukusei snarled. Leo's smile flickered. "Jukusei, you watch your back. If you slip up one time, I'll claim your little doll. And you will have to hear her scream for years. Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?" he threatened. "IF YOU TOUCH HER, I SWEAR I'LL KILL YOU." Jukusei said, his eyes showing his panic, fear. "Try it." Leo said, his smile returning. "If I must, I'll resort to your level! I'LL KILL YOUR WIFE. Nice and slow. . .And I'll make HIM watch. . ." Jukusei said, amusement in his voice. Leo snapped, turning to face Jukusei, his eyes wild with rage. "You even look at my wife and I'll— I'll—" he stuttered. "What? You'll what? What more could you take from me? I'll never let you hurt her. . ." Jukusei said, his voice soft. He walked away, limping, before Leo could do anything. "This is a fight between you and me, Leo. Our form of killing may be beautiful, but it is not an art. It is cold, violent, gory. And you wouldn't want your wife to look like that, would you?" Jukusei called. "No. This is a fight between me and the world. And I never lose." Leo snapped.

Miyuki swung her legs back and forth, bored. Yuki sat by her, yawning. Yuu sat by both of them, Aiko snuggling against him. Rinna sat tensely by Yuki, irritated. Miyuki, Yuki, and Rinna were all glaring at Aiko. Yuu glared back at them, his arm around her, legs crossed, chin resting on his fist. He looked like a complete bachelor with his stupid confident expression and calm exterior, a bashful young mistress at his side. Which, of course, miffed everyone off more. Miyuki stood up, stretching. "Well, not that this wasn't totally not-boring. . ." she said, starting to walk away. Jukusei bumped into her. "Ah, Suetsukata. Just the cursed, defiled soul I wanted to see." he said casually. "Oh my God. You're alive and here. Hi, by the way." Miyuki said, wondering whether to be insulted or not. "And that. . .thing in Yuu's arms too. Goody. Aren't I lucky? C'mere. Both of you." he said, holding his still bleeding arm. Miyuki frowned. "Hold on now. What happened? The platform just collapsed, and suddenly you appear all hunky-dory? Explanation, please." she said. "Uhm. I fell. End. Let's go." he said, grabbing the terrified Aiko and confused Miyuki. He pulled them outside into the rain. "Okay, listen. Both of you share something very important — Well, one of you do. The other will be used as a weak, pathetic decoy that we'll be lucky if it works. Alright? Suetsukata, you're important. Aiko? You were made to die for her. Understood?" Jukusei rushed, gesturing with his hands. "H-Hold on!" Aiko cried. "I'm not going to die, am I? I don't want to die!" she sobbed, running back inside, screaming Yuu's name. "Ah, Yuu's gonna beat the Hell out of me for scaring her. But it's true. Suetsukata, listen. Stay. Away. From. Leo. No matter what. If he needs you, wants you, what ever, have YUU go. Or Haruna. Do you understand?" Jukusei said. His voice was hard and steely. "J-Jeez, why? He's nice—" she started. "That MONSTER did this to me! And he'll do wors—" Jukusei snapped, before he stopped. He cocked his head, listening. "Oh no. Oh no, oh no!!" he said, panicking. "STAY HERE! DON'T MOVE." he snapped. "AIKO. AIKO, get that skinny little body back out here!" he snarled, striding into Sono Gakuen. He reappeared with Aiko and threw her at Miyuki's feet. "If Leo comes, run like Hell." he commanded. "He has my girl. . ." he moaned, jumping into the air. He landed far up, at least five stories, and burst through a window. "What's going on?!" Miyuki snapped, stunned and confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment